Archbishop Holgates Grammar School
Lord Mayor's Walk, York, 1858-1963
This is an unofficial site specifically about the pupils and staff of AHGS whilst it was located in Lord Mayor's Walk, York
Its aim is to put AHGS pupils from that era in touch with others and facilitate a mass wallowing in nostalgia.
The photos presented in the Photo Galleries have been submitted by various Old Boys who were fortunate enough to have kept them from their AHGS days.
They are arranged into the following subject categories:
- General Gallery - A collection of form pictures, groups and activities.
- Sports Gallery - School teams and informal pictures of sports activities
- Boarders Gallery - Formal Boarder House photos, scouts and informal pictures.
- Staff Gallery - Staff photos (more required please!)
- Documents Gallery - Mitre, Skule Daze etc.
I remember it well...
A collection of Old Boys' reminiscences on the Memories page are divided into four sections:
- General - A collection of thoughts from our schooldays.
- About Sports - Sporting achievements.
- On Staff - Fond memories of those who taught us all we know.
- Boarders - Tales from the dorms.
- A Brief History of AHGS
- How this web site came to be created.
- Roll Call, a list of pupils with some details
If you have any information, photos or memories you would like to add, please contact Hugh Bracey
Website implemented by Geoff Portas